WHAT IS CONSENT TO ESTABLISH?
Under the provisions of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and the Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, any industry, operation or process or an extension and addition thereto, which is likely to discharge sewerage or trade effluent into the environment or likely to emit any air pollution into the atmosphere will have to obtain Consent to Establish of the State Pollution Control Board i.e. Delhi Pollution Control Committee in case of Delhi. Consent Management Cell of DPCC processes and issues the consent under the provisions of Water (P&CP) Act 1974 and Air (P&CP) Act, 1981 keeping in view the other applicable pollution control laws/rules.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR INDUSTRIES TO OBTAIN CONSENT TO ESTABLISH?
Delhi has been declared as an Air Pollution Control Area, under sub section (1) of Section (19) of the Air (Prevention & Control of pollution) Act vide notification No. GSR 106(E) dated 20-02-1987. This implies that no industrial plant (any plant used for any industrial or trade purposes) can emit any air pollutant (any solid, liquid or gaseous substance including noise) into the atmosphere without prior consent of the State Pollution Control Board. It also implies that no person shall, without the previous consent of Delhi Pollution Control Committee establish or operate an industrial plant in Delhi.
WHO IS THE APPROVING AUTHORITY FOR CONSENT TO ESTABLISH?
The Consent Management Cell formulated by State Pollution Control Board/ Committee provides Consent to Establish.
FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES OF CONSENT MANAGEMENT CELL
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Rules made there under.
- Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 and Rules made there under.
- Relevant provisions of Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 and Rules made there under.
- The Hazardous Wastes (Management, Handling and Trans-boundary Movement) Rules, 2008.
- The Plastics Waste(Management & Handling)Rules, 2011
- The Delhi Degradable Plastic Bag (Manufacture, Sale & Usages) and Garbage (Control) Act, 2000.
- S.O.1533(E), [14/09/2006] – Environmental Impact Assessment Notification-2006
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSENT TO ESTABLISH:
1. Duly filled in application FORM No. XIII under Water Act
2. Duly filled in application FORM No. I under Air Act
3. Consent fee under Water Act and Air Act in the form of demand draft in favor of “Pollution Control Committee” or “State (Name) Pollution Control Board”.
4. Notarized affidavit in Twenty Rupee stamp paper giving details of capital investment including land, building and plant & machinery without depreciation.
5. Copy of Land sale/lease agreement.
6. Copy of Provisional registration/In principal clearance issued by District Industries Centre (DIC).
7. Comprehensive project report including the following:
(a.) List of products to be manufactured
(b.) List of raw materials to be used (product-wise) & quantity required per month.
(c.) List of plant & machinery to be installed.
(d.) Details of Boilers/Thermic Fluid Heaters/DG Sets to be installed and their capacity, fuel to be used and fuel consumption.
(e.) Details of hazardous chemicals, chemical name and its Boiling Point (“C), Flash Point (“C) and storage capacity (Tones) at any given time.
(f.) Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of hazardous chemicals as per Schedule 9 of the Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules, 1989.
(g.) Detailed manufacturing process (product-wise) including chemical reactions.
(h.) Process Flow Chart (product-wise).
(i.) Source of waste generation and its quantity.
(j.) Quality of effluent generation before and after treatment and discharge point.
(k.) Details of Effluent Treatment Plant including design, blue print and treatment process.
(l.) Details of solid wastes generation (non-hazardous) – type, quantity and method of collection, storage, treatment and disposal.
(m.) Details of stack and the process equipment/machinery to be attached with it and “Air Pollution Control Devises” to be installed including blue print.
(n.) Quantity and quality of stack emission before and after treatment.
8. Application for details of hazardous waste generation- type, quantity, physical form, chemical composition and method of collection, storage, treatment and disposal.
9. Memorandum of Articles Association/Partner Ship Deed (Signed).
10. Authorization letter to sign/receive documents.
TIME TAKEN TO OBTAIN CONSENT TO ESTABLISH
The consent to establish will be granted by DPCC within a period of four months after the receipt of the application for consent.
It is important for any unit defined above to obtain consent to establish before setting up the plant. Although list and information mentioned above are not comprehensive and for knowledge based sharing of entrepreneurs looking to set up their industrial unit. If you are looking to set up your own industrial unit, you can hire our team of experts to apply for Consent to Establish. At PDV Group, we are engaged in offering best Liaison services to our clients to obtain consents for various industries. For more details, visit our website: http://www.propertydocumentverification.com , you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on our helpline +91-9911661818 and directly speak to our experts for any type of inquiry.